Monday 30 April 2012

Girls & Nature

Cat's Girl
Watercolour on paper 
11" x 14"
Quand j'ai trouvé ce cadre de métal, je suis tombé en amour! Il est antique, mais se mari bien avec un style moderne. Je voulais donner un effet jauni au papier sur les coins. Le chat est disproportionné volontairement, j'aime le côté fictif de la scène.
When I found this metal frame, I fell in love with it! It is antique, but fits well with a modern style. I wanted to give a yellowed effect on the corners. The cat is volontarily disproportionate, I like the fictional look of the scene.

In the Wind
Acrylic & Ink on wood 
14.5" x 14.5"
À date, c'est celle-là ma préférée sur bois. Le sablage a été toute une épreuve, puisque le bois était peint et teint et vernis. Je l'ai trouvé au même endroit que mes petits bols. J'aime le grains du bois ici. Une belle trouvaille!
For now, this is my favorite wood piece. The sanding was a challenge since the wood was painted, dyed and varnished. I found it in the same store as the small bowls. I like the wood grain here. A nice discovery!

No comments: